Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Certification in Web application security

From: "Jarrod Frates" <jfrates.ml () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:28:39 -0800

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 7:30 AM, whitehat <whitehaat () gmail com> wrote:
 I would like to do a Certification in Web Application Security.
 As I wanted to do GWAS before but it is no more as GWAS now and STAR
 instead.

GWAS was never a certification, but instead a certificate.
Certificates usually followed two-day courses, and meant that you had
a grasp on the small subset of the security world presented in the
course.  It's confusing, I know, especially with the similarity of the
names.

Are you looking for learning on the development side or the penetration side?
--
Jarrod Frates, GAWN