Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: My Frustrations

From: Sat Jagat Singh <flyingdervish () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:39:47 -0800 (PST)

These are some good points that you raise.  I did a little bit of searching for professional associations that might
provide unbiased information to organizations looking to engage security consultants.  I had in mind an organization
that does not endorse a specific certification but would provide a summary of all or most of the relevant ones that
exist and how they might fit with different kinds of job tasks.  There doesn't appear to be such an organization.  I'm
sure various individuals have published such reviews.  I know I've seen a lot of banter about it on forums.  But I
couldn't find such a professional association that doesn't also do certifications themselves, which they promote.  Does
anybody know of such?  The key here is that all of the reputable organizations promote their own certification and
don't say very much about any competing ones. I am primarily interested in associations that a U.S. company might look
to for guidance, but it would
 be interesting to know if such a group has any clout elsewhere in the world.

ISSA might be a good forum for this.  I'm not a member.  Maybe time to go join.