Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Check if addresses from AS in a black list

From: Trygve Aasheim <trygve () pogostick net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:04:18 +0200

Hi Gleb,

I'd recommend looking at the Atlas service from Arbor Networks.
The frontend is free, giving you a list of several networks as well as services to search for in your logs.

http://atlas.arbor.net/

Cheers,

Gleb Paharenko wrote:
Hi.

The presence of some address of organization external IP's in spam,
virus or other malicious black lists could be the clue about possible
security compromise and consequent information leakage from an
organization. In my opinion monitoring of such lists could be the part
of regular process for company's security team. Please, could you
share your opinions and interfaces (even payed) to perform such a
check. To make long short:

- We have a AS range xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy.
- We need to check if some of the address space is in black lists (RBL's, etc.)

P.S. The brute force way to check every address is possible but the
latest way, I'm looking for more elegant (cheaper and reliable)
solutions.