Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: donloading jsp for pen-test

From: xx yy <thenucker2004 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 22:38:21 -0700 (PDT)

If we could download php/jsp/asp files we could have compromised 99% of the sites running them. The purpose of jsp is
to deliver html from a higher level language,
not to give you the real source.

Cases when you can download jsp/php/asp files directly are : 1) when the server is misconfigured instead of delivering
html it will prompt you to save the source file
2) you can try a sql injection and then through a small shell to get the sources, but in that case the host is already
partially if not all compromised
3) check tomcat, jboss in detail to better understand how to play with a poor configuration
3) probably other ways too