Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Crack MSN hashes?

From: RB <aoz.syn () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:59:17 -0600

 After sniffing for a couple of hours an ISP network, I got a bunch of
 MSN Messenger traffic, like the packet below (I masked some chars to
 protect the guy):

Yet you're posting to a public list that you did something probably illegal.

 SessionPassword: 7Y0pJxxxxxxxc8b8HQ/4bw==

I could tell you what it looks like to me, but due to your
invalidating the hash (so we can't check our work) and the
questionable legality of what you're doing, you're unlikely to get
much support.