Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Wiping Solaris Servers

From: "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom () netsyncro com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:54:30 +0200

Holstein, Robert - BLS CTR wrote:
Hey everyone,

I need to find a method of securly wiping Solaris servers using the DOD
standard disk sanitization requirements. So far the only thing I have
come up with is customized bootable Solaris CD of some sort with bcwipe
on it.  There has got to be a better way.  Does anyone know of a
bootable (or other) solution that's a little less complicated.
Essentially we would need the end process to be so easy a monkey could
perform the task.

Ideally, during the surplus phase a wharehouse employee would boot the
server up, run a simple command, and the server would be on its way...

Any assistance is apprecited.

Personally I'd go for the 10lb, but

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004UDMR/ref=nosim/?tag=dealtime-tools-20&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B00004UDMR&linkCode=asn
(Cost effective and only sure way to destroy 'top secret' level data)

Training videos can be purchased separately at www.gallaghersmash.com

Good luck

./C