Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Gartner's Security 3.0

From: "Sebastien Tricaud" <stricaud () inl fr>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:28:01 +0200 (CEST)

Pentesters,

Dear pentester,

Gartner
[...]
suggests that 8 percent (and no less whatsoever than 5%)
of the companies' IT budget be focused on security.

It is something no doubt but personally I think it could be more, say 10%.

To me, 8% is a HUGE number. And the primary goal of the company is not
security. Security helps to keep stuff away from curious individuals.

The thing is:
how are you, as a pentester, feeling such, concerning your incomes?

I think that 8%, even if it is a big one, sounds like a good one.

Several companies got their business killed because of a similar company
doing evil penetration to extract useful information on customers etc...

Never underestimate the importance of your computerized data: almost every
company projects and customers are saved in a numerical form in a computer
somewhere.

---
Sebastien.