Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Introducing penetrationtests.com - a directory project

From: Victor DaViking <analogviking () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:09:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello list,

I wanted to introduce a somewhat new project, penetrationtests.com which is a directory focused on penetration testing,
vulnerability scanning and other neighbour areas but structured in a way that consultants or people in the penetration
testing business (why not customers) should find it useful.

The site is new and even though it already contains a wide set of links and information, it still requires a lot of
work. This is where you can help and at the same time use the directory to promote your work, tools, articles, etc. Any
information is manually reviewed before it actually ends up showing up in the directory in order to avoid misuses and
preserve the quality of the information displayed.

Let me give you a quick example of its interesting structure. I've been browsing around the list for some time now and
tried to submit as many tools, methodologies, frameworks that have been mentioned but there are hundreds if not
thousands missing.

Information related to the business, including links to different processes such as: Scoping, Invoicing, Statements of
work, etc..
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Business/

Different methodologies available on the Internet
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Methodology/

Penetration testing frameworks, free and not free
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Frameworks/

Companies that are actively delivering penetration testing-related services, measured by size (when possible)
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Companies/

Lots of tools properly categorized (feel free to report errors)
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Tools-Software/

Information on security standards (so far: PCI) can also be found at:
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Security-standards/

Company, personal or group blogs can be found at:
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Blogs/

And a couple more categories and subcategories that you will probably find of use. I'm hoping that you find it useful
and submit any blogs of yours, your companies, any tools that you use or have created which are not there, as well as
anything you may feel like sharing with everyone.

You can submit a link by clicking on "Submit Link" or going to the following Url:
http://www.penetrationtests.com/submit.php

The nature of the directory script currently in use requires a reciprocal link but I've disabled it for eternity, so
don't panic if you click on "Submit Link" and find it as another input box. However, any backlinking to promote the
directory is useful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
analogViking