Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Gartner's Security 3.0

From: "M.B.Jr." <marcio.barbado () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 18:33:10 -0200

Hello Nick,

On 11/4/07, Nick Selby <nick.selby () the451group com> wrote:

They didn't stablished a precise number. Their suggestion ranges from
5 to 8 percent.

*Disclosure: I'm an analyst at another company*

is that analyst firms are there to make statements like that one not to actually set their
users' budgets, but to help frame conversations.

Indeed.

I agree that an analyst making a blanket statement about how much to spend is kinda
wacky - it's easy to see how difficult predicting that kind of thing would be for anyone, and I