Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: dumping hashes on box w/ Norton AV

From: Teh Fizzgig <fizzgig () foofus net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 20:18:44 -0500

Neil wrote:
When I tried to run fgdump against a DC with Norton AV Enterprise
running on it, Norton AV was able to block & flag it.  At the time, it
wasn't a big deal (well, it was a good thing, since that meant the
server was that much more secure); but now I'm a bit interested in what
methods could be used to get around these sorts of mechanisms.

Curious - what version of fgdump? 1.5.0 is more evasive when it comes to
AV, and if it's still being picked up, I'm very interested to find out
by what.

--fizzgig