Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: nbns spoofer

From: "Robin Wood" <dninja () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:50:40 +0100

You beat me to it! I got distracted from finishing my version by going
to shmoocon but I'll get it finished anyway and release it.

Robin

On 3/29/07, Robert Wesley McGrew <wesley () mcgrewsecurity com> wrote:
I realize I'm perfoming some thread/discussion necromancy here, but this
seemed like an appropriate place to announce that I just released a small
tool, NBNSpoof, written in Python with Scapy that spoofs NBNS name query

http://www.mcgrewsecurity.com/projects/nbnspoof/

Personally, *I* like it better than the FakeNetBIOS solution, but then
again, I would wouldn't I?  Users can specify what names they want to
respond to by a regular expression, and what IP address and MAC address the
spoofed response should contain as the source.  It's pretty easy to modify
to suit one's needs, as well.

Since it's such a simple app, I wrote up a series of blog posts detailing
the creation of it, to help out those who don't already write their own
tools and show them that it's really not that difficult.

Hope this helps someone out!

http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW

--
Robert Wesley McGrew