Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Extracting information about streams from pcap

From: David <lists () edeca net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 12:57:40 +0100

Hi,

I have a large pcap file that I would like to extract overview stream/packet information from. I would like data about TCP, UDP and ICMP in the following format:

src_ip, dst_ip, src_port, dst_port, protocol, packets, time
(obviously some fields aren't relevant for some protocols)

I have seen a number of tools but many seem to be based around TCP streams only. I have no problem wrapping awk around a program to generate the right output, but a C/Python library might be more help.

Any ideas?

David