Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: finding remote mac

From: Orlin Gueorguiev <orlin () baturov com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:53:43 +0200

To do this, you have to be on Computer A:
Under Linux: ifconfig <interface_name>
Under Windows ipconfig /all

From Computer B... it would be quite hard to get the MAC of an interface, that
is not in the same subnet, and that u don't know it's ip.

На 27.6.2007 17:27 talktorishav () hotmail com пише:
Hello all,I have a strange problem here. I have got computer A, which has
two NIC. One nic is for internet and the other for local LAN. the internet
in the computer A is through PPOE. I am browsing internet form computer B.
I know the ip and MAC of the second nic connected to LAN of computer A by
simply looking at the arp cache. I want to know the MAC of the first NIC of
compuer A which is connected to the internet cable. The first nic might not
have any IP as we dont need to give IP to connect to the internet via ppoe.
How can i achieve that??

rishav upadhya.

Are you using SPI, Watchfire or WhiteHat?
Consider getting clear vision with Cenzic
See HOW Now with our 20/20 program!

http://www.cenzic.com/c/2020