Penetration Testing mailing list archives

New pwdump6 and fgdump available!

From: Teh Fizzgig <fizzgig () foofus net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:18:09 -0500

I am pleased to announce a new version of pwdump6 and its more powerful
brother fgdump. Both programs are now at version 1.6.0.

The primary change in both packages is that they will once again, for
the time being, sneak by antivirus more easily. This is strictly to
allow the majority of the userbase, who are legitimate pen-testing
users, to carry out their work unfettered. Feel free to read my brief
dissertation on the subject (particularly folks from AV vendor land!) on
the site. AV will eventually catch up and we'll have to play this game
all over again, but for now, this should help some.

fgdump was also fixed to correct a problem when running locally - if
you've received the infamous "error 2" message before, you should find
that no longer occurs! As always, for pwdump6 users, I recommend highly
that you switch to fgdump - I doubt you will regret it. :)

The relevant links are:

http://www.foofus.net/fizzgig/fgdump

and

http://www.foofus.net/fizzgig/pwdump

As always, email me with any questions, concerns or suggestions.

--fizzgig