Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Re: Penetration test report - your comments please?

From: scott <redhowlingwolves () bellsouth net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:32:21 -0400

This is sad state of management.Kind of like a restaurant  knowing when
the health inspectors are coming.Sad,but it happens.This is when the
tester *must* shine!!!~

Regards,
   Scott

Steve Chapin wrote:
What approach do most people here take? Generally, because the
client will depend on you to organize the testing, the choice is
*usually* yours. What do you think is the best method?

We always ask that our activities be known by the minimum number of
people (usually the CEO and Chief Security Officer of the client).
If the front-line people know that there is a test underway, they
will behave differently.

sc
--
== Steve J. Chapin, President         ==
== RedTeam Consulting Company, LLC    ==