Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Possible hi-jacking of ospf chain.

From: Nikolaj <lorddoskias () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 13:07:51 +0200

Hello,

Happy New Year to everyone, that's first. :)

I'm observing the traffic flow in my network and I see some strange behavior with the OSPF packets. All of them contain plain-text password. I was wondering whether it was possible to join the OSPF chain and route the traffic to /dev/null let's say and thus render the network traffic unavailable? Or what can be done with this password? It's in the OSPF LS Acknowledge and OSPF Hello packet.