Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Bittorrent Data Port Probe

From: Tom Griffin <t.griffin () sheffield ac uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:31:13 +0100

Hello,

If I suspect that a particular port on a given host is listening for incoming Bittorrent data requests, is there a way I can prove it by means of a probe? I have attempted to find some protocol definition documentation so I can build a very basic script which will pretend to be another Bittorrent client to see how the application handles it, but I cannot find such detailed information.

If anybody can help with this, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Tom.