Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Launching exploits from C

From: mikeiscool <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:40:28 +1000

On 7 Sep 2006 21:34:20 -0000, infosecpentests () gmail com
<infosecpentests () gmail com> wrote:
I am new to pentesting, I use metasploit and it has been great,
I want to learn more on launching exploits that are in C right from
C and compiling them and launching them instead of having to
use metasploit. Any tutorials out there to launching exploits via
python c or other waays other then using a framwork IE metasploit?

oh god...

metasploit is to pen testing what visual stupido is to programing :)

sean,

i guess you need to know the basics of programming in c, and then
learn how the specific exploit actually works [perhaps find poc code
somewhere; or read vuln writeups] and then write the code to exploit
it...

there isn't really a tutorial on this sort of thing, it's basically
just programming + vulnerability knowledge. if you have the vuln
knowledge, you can program it up.

Thanks@!

--Sean

-- mic