Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Old @Stake Tools

From: Erin Carroll <amoeba () amoebazone com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:47:10 +0000 (UTC)

The pen-test list has a global audience and what's illegal in Bizzurkistanislavia may be legal where you are. I really don't want to see this thread turn into a discussion of legality of tools or their usages. The only "illegality" that is applicable in this context would be if someone hosted a cracked or licensed commercial copy of software for anyone to download

I would however like to expand the discussion into older tools which fell by the wayside that might have new uses, or examples where the new uber-neat technology can be defeated by creative use of something so old that most people forget to protect against that vector.

Erin Carroll
Moderator - SecurityFocus pen-test mailing list