Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: cracking Y2k DC Admin password

From: Machiavel <pierreluc.giguere () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 20:10:39 -0400

Hi!

IronGeek wrote a cool article about cracking local SAM with SYSKEY:
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/vistasamcrack
The above article is about Windows Vista Beta 2 but it also links to
other articles he wrote about the same topic.

Cheers

Machiavel

On 9/27/06, Hari Sekhon <hpsekhon () googlemail com> wrote:
Hi,
  I've found cachedump to be reliable in the past, lsadump caused some
crashing problems for me at the time so I didn't use it.

Could somebody tell me how to go about retrieving the hashes from the
offline sam file. Is there a way? And if so what form do the hashes come
in, DES?

Thanks

-h

--
Hari Sekhon

On 9/25/06, s-williams () nyc rr com <s-williams () nyc rr com> wrote:
>> Or if you go to the %systemroot%repair in that folder you should see
>> a backup of the sam and the system file feed that to lcp, saminside,
>> lc5, anyone and you have your passwords.
>> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW