Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Ethical Hacking online course

From: Frenzie <shanna.daly () cybertrust com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:12:11 -0700 (PDT)

There is a bunch of us currently going through this course material on the
website.
So far after watching about 5 modules we arent too impressed.
Besides the fact that you are expected to stream 35 hours of video content
(great if you are in the US with fat pipes and no download limits), many of
them are not the complete lecture, and cut out 15 minutes before the end of
the module.

We think it was made sometime in 2004-2005.

I was interested in following up the Shon Harris DVD on ethical hacking and
seeing what that was like.

Shanna

winlefu wrote:

Hi all,

I was looking for a Ethical Hacking online course or "self study course"
and found one at InfosecInstitute. Here in the post I found some comments
about the experience from somebody who attended the course on site, but my
question is if somebody took this course in this way (online) and what is
the comments that you can share about it.

I was reading the course details and what they offer and it seems very
insteresting but I would like to receive some opinions before invest my
money on it.

Thanks