Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: pentest documentation

From: "Jürgen R. Plasser" <plasser () hexagon at>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:55:56 +0200

David Swafford wrote:
I have not used this personally but I have seen it demonstrated in an
ethical hacker training:

A commercial product by the name of Core Impact.  It's capabilities are
enormous as it can capture the entire packet flow, key commands, and all
the necessary info and then break it out to nicely written reports.

Link: www.coresecurity.com/products/coreimpact/

I've heard of Core Impact and even tried to get a price info. Their sales dpt did not respond ...

It would be nice to have some open source tools for this tasks.

Jürgen