Penetration Testing mailing list archives

ssh mitm with with ssharp

From: "David Ball" <lostinvietnam () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:47:45 +0800

Hi folks

I'm playing with the 'ssharp' tool to pull off a Man in the middle against an SSHv2 server. I already have OpenSSH compiled and running on the attacking machine with existing pub/secret key pairs which I use to securely admin a number of servers in my home lab. Since ssharp is a modified OpenSSH server I'm wondering before I plough ahead if both my existing openssh install and my pending ssharp install can comfortably coexist on the same machine without blowing away my existing openssh config (which I definitely don't wanna do). Anyone played with ssharp and can confidently answer my question. ;) Should I be installing ssharp binaries to a different folder or does it really matter?

Thanks!
David.