Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Nikto open ports

From: Radu Oprisan <radu () securesystems ro>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:34:27 +0200

noa () imperva com wrote:
Thanks for the replies.
The reason I suspected to begin with that Nikto is the one that is not closing the ports, is because a sniffer does
show that FINs are sent from the server.
By the way, I've also run nmap and the results showed more open ports than those found by nikto.

As far as i remember, nikto is able to use nmap for portscanning as
well. You just need to set it up in the config file.