Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Canned audits

From: "imariot () gmail com" <imariot () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:49:30 -0500

I've been doing Testing In-house for a long time, and although I have yet to find anything that does all "canned" audits. It sounds like you are looking for something like SecurityNow. It will help you get started, but it costs....

See:
http://www.cioview.com/products/prod_securitynow.html

ROB.DIXON wrote:
Hi All,

We have had many audits in the past by 3 party vendors. My company is finally interested in performing some of these
audits in house and a little more frequently than the annual 3rd party audits.

My question is, is there a software package, a "canned" audit that can be performed? Basic info gathering questions
regarding authentication controls, network documentation(how and where it is stored), question that should be asked regarding
wireless AP
 and other basic security questions?

-Rob Dixon

Robert L. Dixon,  CSO
CHFI A+
State of West Virginia's
West Virginia Office of Techonology
Infrastructure Applications
Netware/GroupWise Administrator
Telephone: (304)-558-5472 ex.4225
Email:rdixon () workforcewv org

Concerned about Web Application Security?
As attacks through web applications continue to rise, you need to proactively
protect your applications from hackers. Cenzic has the most comprehensive
solutions to meet your application security penetration testing and
vulnerability management needs. You have an option to go with a managed
service (Cenzic ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software (Cenzic Hailstorm).
Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you:
http://www.cenzic.com/forms/ec.php?pubid=10025
And, now for a limited time we can do a FREE audit for you to confirm your
results from other product. Contact us at request () cenzic com