Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pen-test market details

From: Dan Catalin Vasile <hardware_cta () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 06:27:12 -0700 (PDT)

I'm looking a little bit over this and acctualy i'm
interested about the price level for different
security jobs. Pen-test, vuln assesment, audit, etc.
For once, how do I calculate the price a full pen test
for a network? Based on size? On no. of servers? On
services?  And so on...

Have secure fun,
Dan

--- Adviser <theadviser () gmail com> wrote:

basically i want to know..is there any reports from
Gartner/Forrester/IDC/etc?????

I remember reading some reports about  Ethical
hacking/PT  market... But
that was in a single line.. coz it was clubbed with
vulnerability assesment
and unfortunately vulnerability assesment was
further clubbed with managed
security service.... or vulnerability
scanning.......

apart from reports which talk abt huge $$$ getting
paid to pen testers...
nothing much is happening ...

do anyone hv..any idea...  pentest/ethical hacking
service in 2007-2008?????
(web services PT may be the hot cake along with web
apps )... or gadget
PT??????

any thoughts......

Regards