Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Active Directory user enumeration

From: "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell () secnap net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:21:15 -0500

Hello,
I need to perform a pentest on an 2003 Active Directory
environment and I could not find a way to anonymously
enumerate users, password policy and etc as we normally do in
a NT environment. Any way of doing it through LDAP without
any authentication ? Regards, Uno

Look at nessus tests.  Hey can do it via registry entries (for password
policy) and sid's enumeration for users (unless anon settings == 2 on
AD)

If not, a little social engineering might get you a user level account.

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831