Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Pen Test liability waiver form

From: "David Ball" <lostinvietnam () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:10:27 +0800

Next time you're browsing in you favorite computer book store check out a copy of "The Ethical Hack: A Framework for Business Value Penetration Testing" by James S. Tiller. (Amazon will have the ISBN). Not only is it a great read but page 156 has a quite comprensive sample legal agreement. Not sure if the book's copyright would prevent you from using it as a starting point. The following page has a sample Get out of Jail Free card.

Always check with your legal dept on exact wording.

David.

"Chris Serafin" <chris () chrisserafin com>
No Phone Info Available
02/15/2006 11:04 PM

<e.lewis () infosecurityconsult com>, <pen-test () securityfocus com>
cc

Subject
RE: Pen Test liability waiver form

Try sans.org, I know they have a bunch of vanilla policies.

Chris Serafin
IT Security / VoIP Engineer
chris () chrisserafin com