Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Qualys

From: Byron Sonne <blsonne () rogers com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 00:05:29 -0500

and the technical ignorance of their technical person is what
closed the door for ncircle. Or at least that is what I get out of his
email, not 'please tell me how i should deploy a vulnerability scanner
in my network' but rather a dialogue on the technical competence of
the employee's.

Yep, I totally missed that point - good catch.

Working on the assumption it's true, that would indeed be a very silly thing for a person to say, especially if they were a tech :/ It'd bother me too.

I'm still curious about how long ago it was; many changes have taken place that I'm confident will eliminate anything like that ever happening again (what'd you expect me to say? :) Regardless, I'll pass the info on, that kinda thing is always good to know.

If I'm annoying anyone with off-topic blabber, please let me know and I'd be happy to take it off-list.

Cheers & Thanks,
Byron

p.s. I'm not a sales or marketing person, blah blah blah, my opinions do not necessarily represent those of my employer, etc etc...

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831