Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Penetration test of 1 IP address

From: Dave <dlaud.flux () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 20:18:48 -0500

To all:

I have been asked to perform a security audit of 1 IP address for client.
They have given me the 1 IP address and a clue (webblaze).

If I enter the IP address and then /webblaze, I am taken to a login page
(user name and password requested).

What tools would you recommend that I use for this assignment?
nmap and nessus will tell you more about the IP and what other services are running that you might be able to exploit. If they just want you to test the strength of the webpage login then possibly using Brutus will reveal weak passwords etc... although this is generally a bad idea. Right off hand, I cant look now, but webblaze may be a publicly available script...download it and check the source for any possible coding errors that could be exploited.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Edmond
good luck and take it easy,
dave

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831