Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Port 1443

From: Dan Catalin Vasile <hardware_cta () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:44:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,

It's common this days to put services (especialy admin
ones like ssh) on non-standard ports so they wont get
caught by automated scanners. I guess this is all
about your problem.

So do a 'telnet host_ip 1443' and see if you can grab
a banner of the service.
Also try 'nmap -sS -A -v -p 1443 host_ip' as it will
try to compare the response with it's database.

Have secure fun,
Dan

--- kapil assudani <kapil.assudani () yahoo com> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody knew about or stumbled
across an open port 1443, and has anything to say
about it.  Google search brings in Integrated
Engineering Software or another result comes back
with 1443-1445 used for MSSQL2K.

Any insight on this will be highly appreciated.

thanks,

Secn3rd

protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com