Penetration Testing mailing list archives

R: MAC address spoofing - conflict?

From: "Sebastian Zdrojewski" <en3py () itvc net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:59:47 +0200

Well, at the beginning of the message I thought you were talking of a wired
cable, which could be a lil problematic because of the available per-port
security setting that can be set up.

Talking of wireless I don't think you will have any kind of problems like
being rejected and/or disconnect the other client since there is no other
way to identify the device if not using its own mac address (see CSMA/CA
operational status). I never made a test by myself with this, but once you
spoof your own mac address with a "white listed" one on the AP you should be
able to act as the allowed client.

Best regards

En3pY