Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Using smbbf

From: dissolved () comcast net
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:05:38 +0000

Hi, I'm trying to password audit a windows 2000 machine across the network.
I'm using smbbf to do this (windows version).  Here is the issue I am having:

The syntax I'm using is:

Smbbf -i 192.168.2.10 -u userlist.txt -p passwords.txt -v

This appears to do a dictionary attack, when I really wanted to do a brute
force. I already know the passwords on the target machine, and they are not
dictionary words.

Is there a way to make smbbf use every keystroke, instead of reading from a
password file like I have done above? If not, can someone recommend a free tool
that can accomplish this?

Thanks
dissolved

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831