Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Blocking Port scans

From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:32:03 +1000

hey

what about the "emb_limit" used with the "static" command?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801cd841.html#wp1026694
The embryonic connection limit lets you prevent a type of attack where
processes are started without being completed. When the embryonic
limit is surpassed, the TCP intercept feature intercepts TCP
synchronization (SYN) packets from clients to servers on a higher
security level.

cheers
Ivan