Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: network informations brought by cdp

From: Matthias Vallentin <matthias.vallentin () globalways net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:00:52 +0100

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 05:16 -0500, hannibal blog wrote:
I have captured several CDP packets on my network, and I'm looking for
help to fully understand and analyse their content.
Is there any good article on the web, that explains cdp fields and behavior.

after having understood the CDP fields and the CDP behavior, you might
want to take a look at Yersinia [1], a layer 2 attack tool implementing
some CDP attacks:

1. Sending RAW CDP packet
2. DoS flooding CDP neighbors table
3. Setting up a virtual device

further reading can be found here [2].

regards,

Matthias Vallentin

[1] http://yersinia.sourceforge.net/
[2]
http://blackhat.com/presentations/bh-europe-05/BH_EU_05-Berrueta_Andres/BH_EU_05_Berrueta_Andres.pdf

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831