Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: UNIX/Windows audit scripts

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:22:55 -0600

Have you tried the Helix Linux boot CD?  http://www.e-fense.com/helix/index2.html

Helix is a customized distribution of the Knoppix Live Linux CD. Helix has more than just a bootable live CD. You can
still boot into a customized Linux environment that includes customized linux kernels, excellent hardware detection and
many applications dedicated to Incident Response and Forensics. Helix has been modified very carefully to NOT touch the
host computer in any way and it is forensically sound. Helix wil not auto mount swap space, it will also not auto mount
any found devices. Helix also has a special Windows autorun side for Incident Response and Forensics. Helix is used by
SANS for training in Track 8: System Forensics, Investigation and Response.

You can run a Forensics to a remote Netcat that is listening, pretty sweet.

-Todd