Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Reverse Proxy Pen Testing

From: "Andres Riancho" <andresit () fibertel com ar>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:37:37 -0300

FF 647 ,

    This is kind of hard to do because you dont really know the subnet they
are using on their internal lan ( 10.* , 192.168.* or 172.16.* ) so the
worse part is to "guess" where they have the internal web servers. Some time
ago i asked myself this same question and i got to this answer :

        a ) configure proxychains to use the netcache
        b ) run : proxychains nmap -sT -sV -p80 -P0 192.168.1-15.1-50

    Also , netcache can be configured to retrieve only external web pages if
this is the case , i dont know how to bypass that.
    Hope this helps .

Cheers ,

Andres Riancho