Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: MS Access SQL injection column enumeration

From: Felikz <securityfocus () felikz net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:23:48 +0000

You can simply read all the data from the table using "SELECT * FROM tablename;". This won't give you the column names but you will have all the data.

MySQL has a "DESCRIBE" function (as in "DESCRIBE tablename"), perhaps Access has a similar function ???

RaMatkal x2 wrote:

I am conducting a pen-test on a web app that is vulnerable to SQL injection. The backend database is MS access.....

i have managed to get a list of table names using something like the following:

select Name, from MSysObjects
where Type=1
and Name not like "MSys*";

However, I am struggling to find a way to gather a list of column names from each table which
would allow me to read any data from the database......
None of the sql injection papers / tutorials seem to have much to say about Access databases...

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance...
ramatkal () hotmail com

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/