Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: SQL injection

From: Hecber Cordova <hecber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 20:00:49 -0400

        Hi,

        You can use Apache  with mod_security, setting filters you can
stop SQL-Injections type attacks.

        Review this paper at Security Focus:
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1739

El jue, 09-06-2005 a las 18:06 -0400, Ofer Shezaf escribió:

Firstly, Faisal, I don't think that IDS/IPS would help you.

Detecting SQL injection with signatures alone, especially the relatively straight forward signatures used in most IDS
and IPS systems is difficult. While some SQL injection attacks would be detected many others would not.

And secondly, to make the list of application firewalls complete, we at Breach Security also sell application
firewalls (www.breach.com).

~ Ofer

Ofer Shezaf
CTO, Breach Security
Phone (US): +1 (760) 268.1924 ext. 702
Phone (Israel): +972 (9) 956.0036 ext.212
Cell: +972 (54) 443.1119
ofers () breach com
http://www.breach.com