Penetration Testing mailing list archives

HoneyD-Win32 Parse Error --- ROADBLOCK

From: wrenm () prosum com
Date: 22 Jun 2005 22:12:33 -0000

Hi Roger –

First of all thank you for writing your book.  After weeks of research I finally ran across it and it put all of the
pieces together for me.  Well, almost all of the pieces.

I have installed HoneyD-Win32 as described in your book and if I simply run the command “honeyd –d” it pops up and says
it is listening.  I can even see it catch traffic!  Woo hoo!

The problem is when I try to feed it a config file.  Even the most simplest of configurations give me a PARSE error.
For example:

Create Windows 98
Annotate “Windows 98”
Set Windows 98 Personality “Windows 98”
BIND 1.1.1.1 Windows 98

I even double checked to make sure that “Windows 98” was defined in my nmap.prints file.

Any idea where I can go from here?  I feel like I’m steps away from the holy grail but the final inches are stretching
into miles.

Regards,

Wren

Sr. Consultant