Penetration Testing mailing list archives

code analysis

From: huber_geo () hotmail com
Date: 20 Jun 2005 14:58:07 -0000

Hello,

In addition to doing security audits for my clients,
I occasionally am asked to to code reviews for
products my clients are thinging of using.  Normally
the code is in C, asm or C++ which I have no
problem with.  However, the most recent code base
I have been tasked to review has substantial parts
written in Bordand Delphi and Modula-2 which I have
no experience with.  So I am looking for leads for
the following questions:

1) are are the security vulnerabilites associated
   with each of the above languages.  For example,
   do these languages have the potentail for
   buffer overflows?

2) are there any auditing tools (ala RATS or
   flawfinder) for these languages.

Thanks for your help.  Additionally, if this is
not an appropriate forum for these questions,
could you direct me to a better one?

thanks,
George Huber