Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Router Access

From: jkowall <jkowall () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 21:44:23 -0400

Depneding on the router... some linksys routers run linux.  You can
load a custom kernel on them and do things such as:

Proxy
ssh server
ssh tunnels

They are probably one of the most flexible routers since you can hack
the firmware and they are open sourced.  Check out hyper wrt for an
example.  It lets you add in QOS, Signal boosting, and other great
features.