Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Remote Desktop/Term. Serv Information leakage

From: "Paul Fields" <Infosec () plainenglishsecurity com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:30:57 -0400

Thanks to everyone for your input it has all been very
valuable...FYI the kind of advice I was mainly looking for is
the sort of thing Paul Fields and a few others posted (on how
to disable clipboard redirection). Also noted the fact that
an indirect connection to the internet can have nasty
results, and all your comments on alternative ways of
compromising the network (DEBUG,  manually typing exploits,
prnt screen etc).

Again, thanks so much.

One last mention, though you may have come across this with output from
a vulnerability scanner, if you haven't I thought I should mention,
RDP/Terminal Services are vulnerable to a man in the middle attack.

Details here:
 http://www.oxid.it/downloads/rdp-gbu.pdf

Paul