Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Exploit package analysis

From: Justin Ferguson <jnferguson () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:44:53 -0700

If you are using windows, then IDA, if you are using unix, then
objdump. You do not need a sandbox, just need to know how to read
assembly.

On 7/28/05, Todd Towles <toddtowles () brookshires com> wrote:
A bit off-topic, but I would look into VMWare. There are several Linux
tools that will work the same as well. A separate OS environment would
be very helpful in your new interest. Plus, it is very easy to go back
to a fresh OS  state after a malware analyzing session.