Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Is there any way to measure IT Security??

From: "Craig Wright" <cwright () bdosyd com au>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:17:16 +1000

17799 - part2
SANS have a few measures
The NSA and NIST methodologies are good
ITOL
COSO
COBIT

Lots and the list goes on....

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Marin (Irony Account) [mailto:irony () trini org]
Sent: 29 July 2005 2:30
To: Toto A Atmojo
Cc: pen-test () securityfocus com; security-management () securityfocus com;
secpapers () securityfocus com; focus-linux () securityfocus com;
libnet () securityfocus com; firewalls () securityfocus com;
security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: Is there any way to measure IT Security??

You should check out NSA IAM/IEM Methodology...it works well for me.
http://www.iatrp.com/iam.cfm

Toto A Atmojo wrote:

Dear all,

Currently I'm looking for a tool, or a technique to measure IT
security?

The baseline for security is CIA (Confidentiality, Integrity and
Availability), that is every organization which want to called secure
must be guarantee that their system comply this matter.

But the problem is, we need a tool/technique to measure how secure are

we. Therefore, wee need a tool/technique to measure how close that our

system status now to CIA.

Please share your experience about this matter.

If there any link about this issue, I really appreciate if you share
to us (You may contact me privately) .

Best Regs,

Toto