Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Open Source Footprinting Tool - SpiderFoot

From: "Steve Micallef" <steve () binarypool com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:17:13 +1000

Hi all,

I've recently developed an open source footprinting tool named SpiderFoot, which can be downloaded at http://www.binarypool.com/spiderfoot/

SpiderFoot uses a number of non-intrusive methods to obtain information about a given domain (or number of domains), building up a list of:
- Subdomains
- Affiliates
- Web server versions
- Users
- Similar domains
- Email addresses
- Netblocks

This is the first (read beta) release of SpiderFoot, so comments/suggestions would be appreciated. It's GUI driven, and written in C#, so you'll need version 1.1 of the .NET Framework installed to run it.

While I'm at it, I want to send a big thanks to the Sensepost guys, specifically Roelof and Haroon for much of the ideas SpiderFoot is based on.

Cheers,

Steve Micallef
steve () binarypool com