Penetration Testing mailing list archives

SAP Password Cracking

From: spohara () gmail com
Date: 20 Jul 2005 14:36:10 -0000

I have a dump of just the username and password hashes from a SAP system.  I just can't seem to get john to run against
them.  Maybe it won't?  I've heard that people have used it against them.

Has anyone ever used john the ripper on a dump of SAP passwords?  I can't seem to get it to load in the hashes.  It
always says "No password hashes loaded."  I thought you could just use the format of user:hash

Does anyone know what type of hashes SAP uses to store the passwords?  Perhaps someone has use another utility to crack
the passwords.