Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: DoS/DDoS Attack

From: "Jerry Shenk" <jshenk () decommunications com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:07:33 -0500

For sure, some could!  I have a client who has been regularly getting
packets from 127.0.0.1.....uh, Mr. ISP, we shouldn't be getting them.
The ISP is hesitant to block that traffic because of unknown
ramifications.  I really should push the idea.  When they first told me
that, I understood them to be saying that they didn't want to just
rashly throw and ACL on their core equipment because they didn't want to
jeopardize up-time.  Well, that's well over 6 months ago.